Google code in 2015 is on 7th December . 😉
Tcs IT wiz is back with a bang.Here is the set of questions asked in prelims at hyderabad held at 31st August :-
1.Hawkeye is a technology service released by the government of which city? (It helps in women protection ….etc)
2.Which company acquired Kirananow to help in grocery service in India?
3.Founders of which company ?
4.Which TCS owned subsidiary helped the government and has Ramnathan Ramana as its CEO ?
5.Which famous Mathematician lends his name to the Science and tech column of The Economist
6.Pavel Baudis created which antivirus software in 1990s in order to counter the famous Vienna Computer Virus ?
7.Which communication technology is depicted here ? (Options : Wifi , Bluetooth, NFC)
8.Logo of ?
10.Which company was founded as Control Video Corporation and then later bought by Verizon of 4.4 billion dollars ?
11.Which co founder of Facebook founded Asana and is a philanthropist
12. X began as a response to disaster. Japan’s devastating Tōhoku earthquake in March 2011 damaged telecommunications infrastructure nationwide, obliging employees at NHN Japan, a unit of Korea’s NHN Corp, to rely on Internet-based resources to communicate.
13.Makemytrip sponsores which IPL team ?
Ans:Sun Risers Hyderabad
14.Which person co-authored the book ‘A Japan That Can Says No’ with Shintaro Ishihara, the then Minister of Transport and leading LDP figure who would become governor of Tokyo ?
15.Which celebrity founded ArtPop ?
16.Which company purchased a small wireless technology company called Cloudhopper to boost their SMS services ?
17.”Still using credit cards to pay bills?” Is a campaign launched by which famous website?(hint:They own Snappy Solutions)
18.Which term comes from including the entire life of a person in a brief display able media,similar to webcast and broadcast
19.Headquarters of ?
The cutoff was 13 .
Shamelessly copied from http://briteit.blogspot.in/2015/08/hyderabadprelim2015.html 😛
Sahana Software Foundation – A new Way of Saving Millions of Lives through software
What is Sahana ?
Sahana Software Foundation is a Los Angeles, CA-based non-profit organization founded to promote the use of Free and Open-Source Software (FOSS) for disaster and emergency management. The foundation’s mission statement is to “save lives by providing information management solutions that enable organizations and communities to better prepare for and respond to disasters.
Sahana helps people about the upcoming disasters like typhoons , earthquakes , tsunami , cyclones etc.
Since my childhood , I wanted to be a hero and save life of people and I too was attracted towards computer programming and softwares . When I came to know about Sahana , I came to know how people can save lives through online softwares. I learned how to prepare for disasters and was introduced to the world of open-source . The concept of Sahana Software Foundation :-
- Tracking and managing requests for help from individuals and organizations
- Tracking organizations and programs responding to the disaster, including the coverage and balance in the distribution of aid, providing transparency in the response effort
- Enabling relevant sharing of information across organizations, connecting donors, volunteers, NGOs, and government organizations, enabling them to operate as one
The History Of Sahana –
The Sahana Software Foundation’s roots began after the December 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami, when a team of Sri Lankan technology workers associated with the Lanka Software Foundation (LSF), developed software that could be used by the government to coordinate assistance for those impacted by the tsunami . The software was designed to resolve common coordination problems that arise during a disaster, including facilitating the search for missing people, aid and volunteer management, and victim tracking across refugee camps.
In early 2009, the directors of the Lanka Software Foundation decided to allow the Sahana group to spin off into its own organization. In 2009, the Sahana Software Foundation was established as a non-profit organization registered in the State of California. Mark Prutsalis was appointed as the group’s first CEO.
In July 2014, the Foundation announced that Michael Howden, a member of the Board of Directors, was appointed as its new CEO.
Deployments Of Sahana –
In addition to the Sri Lankan government, Sahana software has also been officially deployed by the governments of the United States, Pakistan, the Philippines, Bangladesh, India, Taiwan, and China. It was also part of the Strong Angel III, a test of US civil and military disaster response.
Sahana software has been deployed in conjunction with the following disasters and aid organizations:
- Tsunami – Sri Lanka 2005– Officially deployed in the Center of National Operations (CNO) for the Government of Sri Lanka.
- AsianQuake – Pakistan 2005– Officially deployed with the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) for the Government of Pakistan.
- Southern Leyte Mudslide Disaster– Philippines 2006 – Officially deployed with the National Disaster Coordinating Council (NDCC) and the Office of Civil Defense for the Government of the Philippines.
- Sarvodaya – Sri Lanka 2006– Deployed for Sri Lanka’s largest NGO.
- Floods in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and Croatia 2014– Deployed and localized in Bosnia/Serbia/Croatia.
We are really competing against ourselves, we have no control over how other people perform.
– Pete Cashmore, CEO of Mashable
Dork’s Corner ………
This is a good quizzing website to enhance your knowledge….. Mostly the champions refer to it……………. 🙂